It was recently reported that 17 new web pages are published every second1. As a society we have access to more content than ever before. Unfortunately there are still only 24 hours in a day so it is important to be selective with our time spent online. Here are five reasons we think you should spend some of your time here:
1. We have variety.
If you are looking for all sports all the time we are not the place for you. If all you want to read about is TV and movies then you might want to keep looking, but if you want to go somewhere where you never know exactly what to expect then check us out. Much like the chef’s daily specials at a great restaurant, you don’t know exactly what surprises are headed your way, but chances are it’s going to be delicious.2
2. We offer a break from the hot button issues of the day.
You may read the occasional political article or social commentary piece on here, but as a general rule we try to stay away from that stuff. You get enough of that on your Facebook or Twitter feed. So if you are tired of reading about who should be allowed in which bathroom3 then welcome to Rambling Ever On, it’s good to have you.
3. We make top ten lists.
David Letterman went off the air last year so somebody had to take up the Top Ten List mantle. Not only do we provide informative and entertaining rankings of some of our favorite things, we also have the entire list on one page so you don’t have to click multiple times to read it or slog your way through some ridiculous slide show to see what finished number 1. You are welcome America.
4. We generally4 don’t promote heresy.
We have a decent number of articles about Biblical and theological topics. The guys who write them take it seriously and even if you don’t agree on every minor (or even major) point please realize that they come from a place that values Biblical orthodoxy and sound interpretation. Hopefully you will be challenged and encouraged by what they write.
5. We write about whatever we want to.
Nobody is paying us (yet!)5 so all our content comes from the heart and covers subjects that we are passionate about. We don’t have any specific agenda to promote or particular topics we are told to cover. We hope you enjoy reading our content as much as we enjoy writing it.
- http://www.editorandpublisher.com/feature/as-digital-fatigue-sets-in-readers-are-waking-up-to-newspapers/ ↩
- In the chef analogy, Gowdy’s article about Seinfeld is the Lobster Bisque. ↩
- For our take on bathroom etiquette check out this article. ↩
- I say generally because I can’t predict what my brother David will come up with next. Just kidding, Dave! ↩
- If you are interested in paying us and providing us with a specific agenda to write about we are all ears! ↩
Latest posts by Michael Lytle (see all)
- Five NBA Playoff Predictions - April 12, 2019
- “Say What?”: Song Lyrics We Completely Misunderstood. - October 19, 2018
- The Great Debate: Jordan vs. LeBron - June 13, 2018