Poll: Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2016
We love movies. Who doesn’t? With the 2016 summer movie season about to kick off with the release of Captain America: Civil War, we felt this was the perfect time to roll out another poll. Summer is traditionally the time of the year when the blockbuster films are released. This year looks to be no different. Below, you will find a list of fourteen of the most anticipated films coming out between today and the end of August. Vote for your top three. If your most anticipated film is not on the list, select the “Other” option and tell us which one you picked in the comment section.
Pick your top 3 most anticipated summer films
- Finding Dory (14%, 18 Votes)
- Captain America: Civil War (13%, 17 Votes)
- Independence Day Resurgence (13%, 17 Votes)
- Star Trek Beyond (12%, 15 Votes)
- Jason Bourne (10%, 13 Votes)
- Ben-Hur (6%, 7 Votes)
- Pete's Dragon (6%, 7 Votes)
- X-Men Apocalypse (5%, 6 Votes)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (5%, 6 Votes)
- The Secret Life of Pets (5%, 6 Votes)
- Suicide Squad (5%, 6 Votes)
- Ghostbusters (3%, 4 Votes)
- The Conjuring 2 (2%, 3 Votes)
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows (2%, 2 Votes)
- Other (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 46
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- A Curse Lifted - May 19, 2023
- 1 Million Views Later: Our Most and Least Popular Articles Ever - April 11, 2023
- Eagle Eyes: Seeing God’s Creation To Be Powerful Stewards of It - February 24, 2023
8 thoughts on “Poll: Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2016”
I did not vote for Finding Dory but I am cautiously hopeful that it will be great. I love Finding Nemo and I hope they can recapture that magic.
Finding Dory, Ghostbusters and Independence Day.
All three movies that I really liked (ID) or loved (the other two) the originals. High hopes for all 3 but I am not expecting Dory to be nearly as good. Which testifies to how high I put Nemo. We watched it with my ESL classes for end of year parties this year and I love every second of that movie.
X-men, Star Trek, and Suicide Squad for me. X-Men looks to be very good. Although I’m still hotly anticipating them, I have a bad feeling that both Star Trek and Suicide Squad are going to be disappointments.
We need a tie-breaker. Captain America and Star Trek are tied at 14 votes each.
Now we need two more people to vote to put Star Trek in the lead.
Gaaah! I’m gonna find that Dory, and I’m gonna kill her!
I can’t believe Dory swooped in and took the lead. I want to be happy, but I think Cap should win this thing. It’s fitting. Looks like ID made a late run too.