Why do radio stations (sacred and secular alike) play Christmas songs for the entire month of December, yet you have to search high and low to find any station playing Easter music? Why do churches sing Christmas songs every Sunday in December, yet we are lucky if we sing one song each Sunday that includes the story of the Resurrection? I might be overstating things a bit, but I think you get my point.
We have done a poor job of making Easter the preeminent Christian celebration on the calendar. We treat it as if it is almost just another Sunday. Shame on us! As you might have noticed, we here at Rambling Ever On feel that Easter is without equal. Of all Holy days, we should celebrate this one more fully and more passionately. So, to that end, here are some of our favorite Easter themed songs and hymns. Vote for your three favorites. Or, you can vote for the “Other” option and list your favorites in the comment section.
Let us celebrate Easter. Let us look forward to it as we do Christmas. Because without Easter, Christmas is just a nice story about a poor young woman giving birth to a baby in a foreign town.
Pick your 3 favorite Easter songs.
- In Christ Alone (17%, 16 Votes)
- Up From The Grave He Arose (13%, 12 Votes)
- How Deep The Father's Love For Us (12%, 11 Votes)
- Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me) (11%, 10 Votes)
- Because He Lives (10%, 9 Votes)
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today (8%, 7 Votes)
- Other (8%, 7 Votes)
- Was It a Morning Like This? (7%, 6 Votes)
- There is a Fountain (5%, 5 Votes)
- Because He Lives (Amen) (Matt Maher version) (5%, 5 Votes)
- Easter Song (4%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 34
- Five More Whiteheart Songs That Taught Me the Truth - February 25, 2021
- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - February 4, 2021
- “Friend of the Groom” – Another Moment of Revelation - February 11, 2021