Fridays are fantastic because:
1. Every Friday, Rambling Ever On publishes a new Five. And they are awesome. We have had Five’s about being invisible, about underappreciated musicians, Larry Bird, Japan, and sweatpants. Seriously, what other website is going to give you articles about sweatpants and Larry Bird? But this is not about how awesome REO is1, no, this is about how awesome Friday is. And first and foremost, Friday has The Five and that makes Friday awesome. But if you need more, keep reading…
2. Friday is so great that it has the ability to make even dyed-in-the-wool atheists give God acknowledgement. Don’t believe me? Have you ever heard the little phrase, “Thank God It’s Friday”? NBC, that bastion of secularism and iniquity had an entire night of programming with that moniker. True, they acronymed2 it TGIF, but even with that attempt at avoiding the truth, the truth won out. We all know we have God to thank for the magnificence that is Friday. Even that den of thieves NBC knows it.
3. Friday inspired a song all about how great it is. I’m sure you have heard it. If you haven’t, lend an ear:
Did you think I was talking about that other “Friday” song? I have to admit, it was a close call between the two. I mean, how can you deny the power of these lyrics?
Yesterday was Thursday
Today is Friday
We so excited! We so excited
We gonna have a ball today
Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards
I don’t want this weekend to end!
4. Let’s be honest here, Friday sounds way cooler than Thursday. How lame and dumb is Thursday anyway? Super lame and dumb. And don’t get me started on Wednesday!
5. Seeing how this is a Five, I kinda have to come up with one more reason. Instead of one more well-thought out reason3, I am going to completely mail this one in and just bullet point a bunch of Friday stuff:
- Friday Night Lights – one of the best shows ever and yep, there it is – Friday is the first word in the title.
- Friday from Robinson Crusoe. Best character in the book. Easy.
- Friday, for most people, is the last day of the workweek and the beginning of the weekend, the best time of the week. Thank you Friday.
- For many, Friday means payday.4
- Most movies release on Friday.
- If you are over 60, or you are my wife, Dateline NBC airs on Friday. Must see TV right there!
You get the point. Songs are named after Friday. TV shows and movies are as well. People long for Fridays in a way that makes all the other days of the week sad and jealous. So, take a minute out of your day and celebrate the greatness that is Friday.
- Can My Joy be New Every Morning This Holiday Season? - November 15, 2022
- Five More Times “The Chosen” Made Me Cry – Season Two - October 14, 2022
- “Neon Bible” By Arcade Fire Turns 15 - October 5, 2022